Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Decade


Ever have one of those moments in your life where you stop and think, really??? It's actually been 10 years??
It feels like somedays it's been forever and others it was just yesterday.

This month my son turned 10.
10!!!!!!!!!!!!
My son is my whole life, my one, my everything. So let's just say whatever he wants or asks for he gets....within reason of course.
My son is my buddha, my calm in my storm. He is the epitome of zen, and old soul as I like to call him.
Ok, ok enough gushing and making you sick about how much I love him.

I always ask my son what he wants for his birthday dinner. Every year he picks usually the same thing. In fact the last 3 years has been the same.
Sushi.

The cake requests however changes every year. This year is a rainbow cake. It was supposed to be a rainbow sprinkle cake, but I decided to do one better. A whole cake that is a rainbow.

The recipe is simple.
1. A box of white cake mix...tisk, tisk I know it's not homemade
2. A large can of white frosting or your favourite buttercream recipe
3. A box of Wilton assorted colour gel food dye
4. Rainbow jimjams


I dyed 6 bowls of batter each colour of the rainbow and then poured into a greased 8 inch pan.
Basically pour 1 batter on top of the other it will spread naturally.

I got 2 cakes out of the batter.

Bake according to the box instructions.
Cool and then frost.
I covered the outside in jimjams.

Simple but effective.

No comments: