Friday, June 6, 2008

Here we go....

The title pretty much sums it up. This is my first blog or blog posting, clearly I don't even know the terms just yet. However, here I am letting it all hang out on my very own food blog. After much "stalking" or "viewing" of several food blogs over the past several months, I decided it was time to bite the bullet.
My first recipe (even though it's not up yet) is a birthday cake. "Figures" you say. Well I say "too bad!", my gorgeous and talented friend S! is coming for the weekend, and as you may have guessed it's her birthday.
So in celebration of this wonderful occasion, a cake was born. Now this is a bit of a big deal to me since I am quite the amateur baker at the moment. So practice is key for the next little while is my thought.
At the present the evening is the only time I have to cook or bake. I work 2 jobs and 6 days a week with a son in soccer, (my life in a nutshell). The only thing is, is that when you start to scroll through my pictures you will start to notice is that most of them occur in the evening so I am apologizing in advance for the nature of the pictures. Or so you don't think I am an insomniac.
Later today I will finish my "masterpiece" and happily present it to the birthday girl.
Cross your fingers for me that it all works out!

No comments: