Saturday, November 15, 2008

Mint Chip Fro Yo and Malted Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches

I recently celebrated my birthday a couple of weeks ago and the number 1 thing on my list was, Dorie Greenspan's, "Baking from my home to yours".
It came by mail. So when I came home one day it was sitting there just like Christmas!...or my birthday.
I diligently read it from cover to cover. I read a few blogs that participate in "Tuesday's with Dorie" and I am always jealous when everyone refers to it as the "Bible" of home baking.

FINALLY it's mine...all mine!!!!!


So my first recipe were these amazing malted cookies, which are bascially Whoppers or Maltesers in cookie form.




Recipe:

1 3/4 c. of Ap flour
1 c. of Malted milk powder, I used Ovaltine
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 stick US butter, room temp.
2/3 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 whole milk, I just used 1 %
2 c. malted milk balls, Whoppers or Maltesers coarsley chopped
1 c. chocolate chips or chunks

So the funny thing was that there was no direction of how hot the oven was supposed to be. I did the 350 rule just to be on the safe side.

Position racks so you can fit 2 sheets one on top of the other. Line with Silpat or parchment.

Sift together, Flour, milk powder, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
Cream sugar and butter together until pale about 3 minutes. Add 1 egg at a time and incorporate after each addition. Add vanilla.
Add half the flour mixture and then the milk, mix until just incorporated. Add the remaining flour and mix just until incorporated.
Add malt balls and chocolate chunks, fold in by hand.
Drop tablespoons onto baking sheet, spaced 2 inches apart.
Bake 11-13 minutes.
Cool for 2 minutes and then remove to a cooling rack.
Makes about 30 cookies.
Pictured above, I just but some mint chocolate chip frozen yogurt inbetween to make sammies.

No comments: